What is the Earth Day Challenge? The Earth Day Challenge invites you (Yes, you!) and a bunch of your friends, colleagues, acquaintances, community (pretty much anyone) to share your Earth Day resolution with the world.
For inspiration, visit our Get Inspired page. You can also check out a list of suggestions on our Make a Difference page. If you’re curious to see other people’s resolutions, visit the Projects Underway! page. Finally, once you’ve decided what you’d like to do, make your pledge on the Share your Story page. Document your activities as best as you can with pictures or videos and send them to us.
On June 11th at noon, we will announce the winners for completing the best challenge.
So, you want to get involved? Not sure what you’d like to do?
Here are some examples:
- Join the Commuter Challenge and get out of your car for a week
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient light bulbs
- Compost your waste organics
- Buy goods that are grown, raised, and produced locally
- Grow as many vegetables and plants as you can
- Turn off your TV for 6 weeks
- Don’t buy plastic bottles for 1 month
Find more ideas at our Make a Difference page, and get sharing!